DID YOU KNOW?
- 90% of the cells that make "you" up are microbial and not human!
- Those microbial cells (microbiome, good bacteria) weigh approximately 3 pounds and many researchers refer to them as an "invisible organ" or your "2nd brain"
- These cells provide vitamins to your body and are your immune system's first line of defense against other pathogens and "bad bacteria".
- Changes in your microbiome can alter your ability to fight diseases and even can influence our behavior
- Diet and exposure to antibiotics can greatly influence the health of your microbiome
- Keep your microbiome healthy by increasing your intake of probiotics (yogurt, kimchi, sauerkraut, kefir, kombucha tea, or probiotic supplements).